Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Santa Traditions

It had never occured to me that people had different Santa traditions...until I married....to a man with a son....who not only has Christmas at 1 parent's house, but both.  Oh and at the time, Christmas happened at my mother in law's house, who also did Santa for one of my neices, who also had Christmas at her mom's.  Are you lost yet? I was.

There were so many Christmas traditions.  Santa came twice...once at mom's house and once at Dad's house.  Santa left wrapped gifts...at dad's house.  Top this off with my own Christmas traditions and we had a whirlwind.  Luckily, we were able to simplify, somewhat.  Santa still comes twice...once at mom's and once at dad's house, but Santa doesn't wrap gifts at either.  We also split what our kids get between wrapped gifts under the tree and Santa suprises.

I know some people only get one gift from Santa, some get everythign from Santa.  There are a lot of Christmas traditions out there. What are yours?  How do you answer your kids questions when Santa does something different at thier friend's house?

No comments:

Post a Comment